Summit Station, Day 27, 6/30/19

After getting the instrument reassembled to the drill, today turned into a waiting game for the winds to change direction, allowing us to return to the drill site. Unfortunately, that opportunity never came. We will hope for the best tomorrow and try to keep ourselves busy in the meantime!

Some background info on the wind restrictions: in an effort to preserve the station’s clean air sector just south of the camp, Summit has implemented a clean air management program that restricts use of internal combustion sources while wind direction is between 342 and 72 degrees or if winds are less than 2 knots. This includes restrictions on travel to and from our drill site, which requires the use of snowmobiles.

Posted in Greenland | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *